Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Challenge - Week 1

Last week, I wrote about my 30 day challenge - 30 days, 30 random acts of kindness. I know that some of you reading have also joined in, so I wanted to update you on my week 1 of the challenge.

Day 1 - sent flowers to my Mom. For those of you that don't know my Mom, you're missing out. She's one of the most giving and kindest people I know. I don't tell her nearly as often as I should how much she means to me. So, it felt appropriate that day 1 was to thank her and make her feel special.

Day 2 - bought coffee for strangers. I had a Starbucks gift card laying around, so I took it in and told the barista to buy coffee for as many people as it would cover, and to tell them to pass on the kindness.

Day 3 - fed people's parking meters. I'm guessing that no one realized I fed their empty parking meter, but maybe I saved someone a parking ticket!

Day 4 - bought bagels for my coworkers. It was a Monday, and nobody likes a Monday, so I took bagels to the office for my coworkers to hopefully brighten their day just a little.

Day 5 - wrote a congratulations email to an old friend. It may not sound like much, but she'd recently had a baby. Congratulations notes on new babies are not easy for me to write, but it is the kind thing to do.

Day 6 - brought home treats for Gordon. It was little, but it was a candy that he loves, and he was super excited about the gesture.

Day 7 - let a car go in front of me in traffic. I know it doesn't sound like much (it isn't 30 days of grand gestures!), but it's a location where I normally don't let people in front of me, but on this day I did.

Day 8 - sent a Valentine to a children's hospital that's collecting them to give to the children on Valentine's Day.

So, that's week 1! I have a few more ideas for the coming week, but I'd love to hear your ideas too!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great challenge! I'm looking forward to hearing what you do next. We try to do 40 good deeds during Lent. It's always harder than I think it should be.

    ReplyDelete